Start your own SME Cybersecurity health-check
Check your cybersecurity skills to protect your SME better and get a certificate of completion issued by 4 European projects
In the modern business world, cybersecurity has quickly become one of the key challenges facing IT companies, especially small firms that need to remain competitive in their markets to stay alive.
Cyber-attacks such as data breaches, distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, and ransomware are increasing, and the consequences can be significant for any organisation, from financial losses to damaged reputations. Despite the fact that large companies have increased their budget allocation to face cybersecurity when it comes to SMEs, it is still very hard for them to implement efficient security measures. Security measures are usually perceived as too complex, time-consuming, and requiring a high level of technical knowledge.
Despite a lot of potential tools to help to protect SMEs, all cybersecurity can be breached if the person does not understand a minimum of information to control the cybersecurity integrity in an SME.
It is important for you to be aware of the main concepts of cybersecurity protection.
SME cybersecurity best practice quiz
” is specifically designed to tackle this issue, helping companies staff to increase awareness about basic security guidelines to be applied in their day-to-day routine. By answering a set of questions through a quick and straightforward online self-assessment, SMEs can easily understand where they stand in terms of their cybersecurity posture. The tool quickly helps SMEs to pinpoint security gaps and best practices that should be regularly followed through in terms of:
- Office Firewalls and Internet Gateways
- Secure Configuration
- Software Patching
- User and Administrative accounts best practices
- Malware protection
- Awareness of Password weaknesses
- Basic risk assessment
SME cybersecurity best practice quiz
” is available free of charge and can be completed in less than 15 minutes. Measure your cybersecurity awareness skill, pinpoint your security gaps, and implement the best practices to avoid being a victim of a cyber-attack.
About our cybersecurity quiz
The quiz was developed as a joint effort by four H2020 initiatives, namely CyberSec4Europe, Cyberwatching.eu, CYBERWISER.eu, and SMESEC. All four initiatives are tackling cybersecurity and privacy from complementary perspectives, with the aim of providing European SMEs with key resources to boost their online security. Beyond the quiz, each project provides a set of cybersecurity tools to increase SMEs online security:
- CyberSec4Europe is one of the four recently funded competence pilot projects aiming at setting up a European network of centres of cybersecurity expertise. The project activities range from combining formal, professional, and non-traditional cybersecurity skills sand capacity building to open-source tools development to support cybersecurity education, software testing, and certification of hardware and software products.
- Cyberwatching.eu provides a European cybersecurity and privacy Marketplace consolidated collection of outputs from completed, EU-funded research projects. It is also a shop window for innovative products and services offered by small and medium-sized providers across Europe. As such, organisations may use the Marketplace as a platform to display the products which have been developed through internal research and innovation activities.
- CYBERWISER.eu delivers a flexible, risk-centred, capacity-building platform, combining a theoretical and practical approach to cybersecurity with innovative features (including a cutting edge cyber range). CYBERWISER.eu implements customisable training pathways in cybersecurity to fit a broad range of needs and capacity building targets.
- SMESEC proposes a cost-effective framework composed of specific cyber-security tool-kits to support SMEs in managing network information security risks and threats, including detection and alerting tools, threat protection, and response as well as awareness and training tutorials.